The protection of your personal data is of great importance to us. It is essential for us to inform you about the personal data we process and for what purposes.
I. Name and Address of the Controller
The controller, as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other national data protection laws of the Member States, as well as other data protection provisions, is:
Bildungswerk Sachsen der Deutschen Gesellschaft e. V. Haus des Buches Gerichtsweg 28 04103 Leipzig Germany Tel.: +49 (0) 341 995 44 40 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.dg-bildungswerksachsen.org
II. General Information on Data Processing
- Scope of Personal Data Processing
We generally process personal data of our users only to the extent necessary to provide a functional website and our content and services. The processing of personal data of our users is regularly based on the user’s consent. An exception applies in cases where obtaining prior consent is not possible for factual reasons and the processing of data is permitted by statutory provisions.
- Legal Basis for Data Processing
If we obtain the consent of the data subject for processing personal data, Art. 6(1)(a) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) serves as the legal basis. When processing personal data that is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR serves as the legal basis. The same applies to processing operations that are necessary for carrying out pre-contractual measures. If processing of personal data is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation to which our company is subject, Art. 6(1)(c) GDPR serves as the legal basis. In the event that the vital interests of the data subject or another natural person require the processing of personal data, Art. 6(1)(d) GDPR serves as the legal basis. If the processing is necessary to protect a legitimate interest of our company or a third party, and the interests, fundamental rights, and freedoms of the data subject do not outweigh the first-mentioned interest, Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR serves as the legal basis for the processing.
- Data Erasure and Storage Duration
Personal data of the data subject will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of storage ceases to apply. Storage may continue if this has been provided for by the European or national legislator in EU regulations, laws, or other provisions to which the controller is subject. Data will also be blocked or deleted if a storage period prescribed by the mentioned standards expires, unless there is a need for further storage of the data for the conclusion or performance of a contract.
III. Provision of the Website and Creation of Log Files
- Description and Scope of Data Processing
When you visit our website, our system automatically records data and information from the computer system of the calling computer.
The following data is collected: (1) Information about the browser type and version (2) The user’s operating system (3) The internet service provider of the user (4) The user’s IP address (5) Date and time of access
- Legal Basis for Data Processing
The legal basis for the temporary storage of data and log files is Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
- Purpose of Data Processing
The temporary storage of the IP address by the system is necessary to enable the website to be delivered to the user’s computer. For this purpose, the user’s IP address must remain stored for the duration of the session.
The storage in log files is done to ensure the functionality of the website. The data also helps us optimize the website and ensure the security of our information technology systems. An evaluation of the data for marketing purposes does not take place in this context.
This purpose also constitutes our legitimate interest in data processing pursuant to Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
- Duration of Storage
The data is deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary to achieve the purpose of its collection. In the case of data collection for the provision of the website, this is the case when the respective session is terminated.
In the case of storage of data in log files, this is the case after no more than 14 days. Further storage is possible. In this case, the IP addresses of the users are deleted or obscured, so that an assignment of the calling client is no longer possible.
- Objection and Removal Option
The collection of data for the provision of the website and the storage of data in log files is essential for the operation of the website. Consequently, there is no possibility for the user to object.
- Description and Scope of Data Processing
- Legal Basis for Data Processing
The legal basis for the processing of personal data using cookies is Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
- Purpose of Data Processing
- Duration of Storage, Objection, and Removal Option
V. Rights of the Data Subject
If your personal data is processed, you are a data subject within the meaning of the GDPR and have the following rights against the controller:
- Right to Information
You have the right to request confirmation from the controller as to whether personal data concerning you is being processed.
If such processing is taking place, you can request information from the controller about the following:
(1) the purposes for which the personal data is processed; (2) the categories of personal data processed; (3) the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data concerning you has been or will be disclosed; (4) the planned duration of storage of the personal data concerning you or, if specific information on this is not possible, criteria for determining the storage period; (5) the existence of a right to rectification or erasure of personal data concerning you, a right to restriction of processing by the controller, or a right to object to such processing; (6) the existence of a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority; (7) all available information on the origin of the data if the personal data concerning you was not collected from you; (8) the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, pursuant to Article 22(1) and (4) GDPR and, at least in these cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject.
You have the right to request information as to whether the personal data concerning you is transferred to a third country or to an international organization. In this context, you can request to be informed about the appropriate safeguards pursuant to Article 46 GDPR relating to the transfer.
- Right to Rectification
You have the right to obtain from the controller the rectification or completion of inaccurate or incomplete personal data concerning you without undue delay.
- Right to Restriction of Processing
Under the following conditions, you can request the restriction of the processing of personal data concerning you:
(1) if you contest the accuracy of the personal data concerning you for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data; (2) if the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of its use instead; (3) if the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you require it for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims; or (4) if you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21(1) GDPR and it has not yet been determined whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override your grounds.
If the processing of personal data concerning you has been restricted, such data shall, with the exception of storage, only be processed with your consent or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the Union or of a Member State. If processing has been restricted according to the above conditions, you will be informed by the controller before the restriction is lifted.
- Right to Erasure
a) Erasure Obligation
You may request the controller to erase personal data concerning you without undue delay, and the controller is obliged to erase this data without undue delay if one of the following reasons applies:
(1) The personal data concerning you is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed. (2) You withdraw your consent on which the processing is based according to Art. 6(1)(a) or Art. 9(2)(a) GDPR, and there is no other legal ground for the processing. (3) You object to the processing pursuant to Art. 21(1) GDPR, and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or you object to the processing pursuant to Art. 21(2) GDPR. (4) The personal data concerning you has been unlawfully processed. (5) The erasure of personal data concerning you is required to fulfill a legal obligation under Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject. (6) The personal data concerning you has been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in Article 8(1) GDPR.
b) Information to Third Parties
Where the controller has made the personal data concerning you public and is obliged pursuant to Art. 17(1) GDPR to erase the personal data, the controller, taking account of available technology and the cost of implementation, shall take reasonable steps, including technical measures, to inform controllers who are processing the personal data that you, as the data subject, have requested the erasure by such controllers of any links to, or copy or replication of, that personal data.
The right to erasure does not apply to the extent that processing is necessary
(1) for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; (2) for compliance with a legal obligation which requires processing by Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject, or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller; (3) for reasons of public interest in the area of public health in accordance with Art. 9(2)(h) and (i) as well as Art. 9(3) GDPR; (4) for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes, or statistical purposes in accordance with Art. 89(1) GDPR, to the extent that the right referred to in section a) is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of the objectives of that processing, or (5) for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims.
- Right to Notification
If you have asserted the right to rectification, erasure, or restriction of processing against the controller, the controller is obliged to notify all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you has been disclosed of this rectification or erasure of the data or restriction of processing, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort. You have the right to be informed about these recipients by the controller.
- Right to Data Portability
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have provided to the controller, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. You also have the right to transmit this data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data has been provided, provided that
(1) the processing is based on consent pursuant to Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR or Art. 9(2)(a) GDPR or on a contract pursuant to Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR, and (2) the processing is carried out by automated means.
In exercising this right, you also have the right to have the personal data concerning you transmitted directly from one controller to another, where technically feasible. This must not adversely affect the freedoms and rights of others. The right to data portability does not apply to processing of personal data necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller.
- Right to Object
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you which is based on Art. 6(1)(e) or (f) GDPR, including profiling based on those provisions. The controller shall no longer process the personal data concerning you unless the controller demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights, and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims. If personal data concerning you is processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you for such marketing, which includes profiling to the extent that it is related to such direct marketing. If you object to the processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data concerning you shall no longer be processed for such purposes. You have the option of exercising your right to object in relation to the use of information society services – notwithstanding Directive 2002/58/EC – by automated means using technical specifications.
- Right to Withdraw Consent for Data Processing
You have the right to withdraw your consent for data processing at any time. The withdrawal of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint with a Supervisory Authority
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work, or place of the alleged infringement, if you consider that the processing of personal data concerning you violates the GDPR. The supervisory authority with which the complaint has been lodged shall inform you on the progress and the outcome of the complaint, including the possibility of a judicial remedy pursuant to Article 78 GDPR.
If you have any questions or wish to exercise any of your rights, you can contact the responsible data controller at the following address:
Bildungswerk Sachsen der Deutschen Gesellschaft e. V. Haus des Buches Gerichtsweg 28 04103 Leipzig Deutschland Tel.: +49 (0) 341 995 44 40 E-Mail: email@example.com Website: www.dg-bildungswerksachsen.org
Please note that the above information is a summary and may not cover all aspects of data protection regulations. If you have specific questions or concerns about how your personal data is being processed, you should reach out to the responsible data controller directly.